Sunday, August 29, 2021

Day 3 at the Ocean

 Monday 8/16/2021

Bob went out fishing in the morning, so Theresa and I took a long jog/walk to the beach and along it, past the jetty and back. When we left (at about 9) it was intensely hot and heavy, but when we returned clouds had moved in, the wind had resumed blowing, and it seemed much cooler. In the afternoon we went swimming. I left the dogs behind but I might as well have brought them along. They could have sat under the jeep and kept cool instead of sleeping in the Mammoth. Oh, well.

After swimming we did showers and then went out to eat at Bob's (or Sam's, or Jack's, or some such one-word name), We do not want to eat there again--it was overpriced and not very good. Theresa and I split an appetizer, guac and chips. The guac was supposed to have crab in it,, but I never saw or tasted any crab. It had a bitter aftertaste so maybe that's what they called crab.

My clam chowder--bad choice--I should have asked if it was cream-based--was no better than canned. and my side salad was just romaine lettuce and carrots and not much of either. With stale croutons. Note to self: next time you're eating out and plan to blow your healthy eating habits, just go ahead and get something fried. The flounder fish sandwich would have been fine.

No comments: