Sunday, August 22, 2021

Oops got busy and didn't even post a review

A Dream of Death
by Connie Berry

Thumbs up...I think. I certainly wasn't bored. In fact, I was fascinated. The old houses, the history, the antiques--cool stuff. The people were pretty much all full of backstories, front stories, liveliness and energy. The detective--an antiques dealer visiting a sister-in-law for mysterious, unspoken reason--was spunky and fun.

The only issue I had at all, and it's a minor one, was that there were so many complex characters that I kept losing track of who was who. But I was so caught up in the story that I didn't want to turn back and re-read.

So I'll give it 4.75 stars. Yeah, it lacked that little spark that would have made me love it completely, but that's a personal preference and I can see other people putting a lot of 5-star reviews on this.

No comments: