Sunday, October 24, 2021

Reading #2 first in the Zoe Chambers Mysteries

Lost Legacy
by Annette Dashofy
    

I sort-of liked this. In many ways, I liked it very much--the lead character, her many friends and people in the small town she occupies, her occupation as an EMT and the adventure that goes along with it.  So I think I'll read another one.

What I didn't like was related to a basic fear of mine--I am leery mysteries where the central plot is the lead character's origin story. After finding out the story of their father or their mother's death, where is there to go? It seems like this is akin to the kiss of death that ensues when the romantic rivals finally tie the knot--where does the story go from there? I've started (and quit on) several mystery series where the author wastes her shot in the first couple of books and then fails to make the transition into other plot lines. Will this be yet another?

Will let you know.

No comments: