Tuesday, October 12, 2021

Smashing! Whacky book about a lot of nutty and wonderful people

 The Audacity of Sara Grayson

by Joani Elliott

As much as I loved this book, I got very angry at it many times. Points:
(a) the characters (adults) all persist in telling other characters (also adults) how to live their lives.  I kept hollering, "Just shut up, will you? Quit butting in and and let this person make up their own stupid choices!


(b) the three main characters all persist in jumping to conclusions based on insufficient evidence and then making themselves miserable for days and weeks agonizing over those incorrect conclusions. Yes, I know that's the whole point of fiction, and yes, I know we all do that. But in this case, based on the evidence the author has presented, I disagree strongly with their conclusions. I'm not finished yet, so we'll see who is right.


(c) too much angst for a grown woman. If this were a YA novel, I'd roll my eyes and skip forward. but I don't expect to have to do that in a novel for grownups.


Still loved it.

No comments: