Tuesday, September 6, 2022

A little RVing inspiration


Camper Chronicles Open Road
by Tracy Perkins

Heartfelt and honest story of a woman starting her RV full-timing adventure. Her biggest problem seemed to be herself, and she's honest about that. As I read on and on, and as she got closer and closer to giving up her job and taking the plunge into full-time RVing supported by Workcamping stints, I found myself wondering why she chose the lifestyle to begin with. She totally identified with her career. And she really didn't want to give up the security and self-fulfillment of the full time job. Time and again in this narrative, she was pulled back into work and left her husband to pick up the dream.

I'm not completely sure she ever fully gave up the thoughts of going back to work full time. I should sympathize--two years after retirement, I still find myself missing the daily grind. A little, and in limited ways. But still....

Ms. Perkins was much influenced and helped by the RV Dreams couple, whose blog I've been reading for three years. I found it cool to see Howard and Linda from the perspective of the people they influenced.  If you're not an RV Dreamer already, this book may make you become one.

No comments: