Tuesday, September 13, 2022

Mammoth Doesn't Go to Hawaii Day 3

 Wednesday 8/10

This time we tried a breakfast spot called Saenz Ohana, and again had to wait in line to order. And again we took our food back to the condo to eat at the table in our lovely little lanai.  After all, why pay $3 for coffee when you have home-brewed coffee right there at the condo?

I don't remember liking or disliking it--I think I had a very large veggie burrito. It was good, but what they called a tortilla, I call a "wrap". A tortilla is soft, tastes like bread, and has a texture that is just a bit flaky. These wrap things were like edible plastic.  But the innards were good.

After that we went to Walmart to do shopping for teeshirts and gifts. We'd looked at the teeshirts in the gift shops at the little shopping area where the breakfast place was, and they were expensive and never seemed to have the right sizes. I really wanted a tee shirt with a picture of a rooster and the legend, Hawaii's State bird and Alarm Clock, but the only color shirt they had in my size was a darkish brown. It was pretty, but I'd never wear it.

So at Walmart we found the exact same shirts and many more, with all sorts of fancy Hawaii and Kauia designs on them. Ed bought seven or eight of them. I bought a welcome mat and one tee-shirt. (Hey--we don't go shopping much!)



So...here is where I totally lose track of the days and have to make stuff up. I think this was the day we tried snorkeling at our beach. I got in at the beach; Ed from the rocks. They were just too choppy and scary for me. But even at the beach I never got out far enough to enjoy it.

Later we went to check out a snorkeling beach that sounded good on reviews, but turned out to be a swimming  beach instead. So we swam. Actually, Ed swam--I just puddled around on the edge. It was beautiful and the waters very calm, for Hawaii.  After this I think we went back and swam in the pool for a bit, then turned our thoughts to supper.



After paying way too much for overcooked fish the day before, we decided to dine in house on salad, poke and sushi purchased at the Foodland deli counter. We bought way too much, but it was very, very good.  I didn't look at the receipt, but for what we got, it was ten times better than what we'd have paid at a restaurant. Yum!



No comments: