Thursday, September 29, 2022

No more travel so back to books...about travel

Don't Eat the Puffin:
Tales From a Travel Writer's Life
by Jules Brown

I'm very conflicted about how to review this. If I were traveling or spending a holiday at someone's house, and I needed a light, easy-to-pick-up, easy-to-put-down book to carry with, this would be perfect. The chapters are short, each dealing with the author's trip to a different destination. They are very amusing and sometimes very funny. But....

You knew there had to be a but coming, didn't you?  But I went ahead and reserved the sequel to this book before starting the first one. I was taking a trip and needed to fill up my Kindle with books before I left the home WiFi. So now I've finished the first book and am ready to start the sequel, but I'm not sure that I want to. The first one,  while amusing, just didn't grip me and drag me in like I hoped.

Later note: turns out, the sequel I thought I'd reserved was not one and wasn't even by the same author. So, I'm saved.




No comments: