Thursday, September 1, 2022

A new series!

 Life, Part 2: Lydia's Story--The Second Chance


I picked this up because I liked the Another Man's Treasure estate sale mysteries so much, and this was a new series by the same author. It wasn't because of the mysteries that I liked them--those were just so-so, but the personalities and the storyline had kept me enthralled for all of the series so far. (I hope she's not ending it.)

But she branched out from the mystery genre into something that they label "women's friendship fiction."  She took a few of the side characters from Another Man's Treasure and started writing stories centered on them, and not mysteries at all. Just really good stories.

Especially this one. I was hooked from page one--what happens when a woman is newly widowed and trying to make a life for herself, only to discover so many forgotten hopes and dreams that she'd forgotten while making a life for her wealthy and much older husband.  This is a story of woman's discovery...of herself!


No comments: