Saturday, September 17, 2022

Mammoth Doesn't Go to Hawaii Day 5

 Friday 8/12

Having finally got it through our heads that we weren't going to find any better snorkeling beach than the one right beside the condo, that was our destination for the day. The trick, we decided, was to go early in the morning. The waves should be calmer then and the water clearer.

And they were! We had a great time snorkeling. I don't know that I ever saw anything exceptional, but I did see a lot of little fishes.

After we came in, probably around noon because the water was getting rough by then, we went to look at this place called "tunnels beach" which is supposed to the prime snorkeling spot on the island. But we could never get there--you would have had to park a long way away and then walk back to it and, not knowing exactly where it was, we gave up. We didn't have the snorkeling gear with us anyway.

I got in half of a jog--down to see Poseidon. I had to walk back, though.



For dinner I decided that I was tired of paying way too much money to eat poorly (or at least, not so greatly) prepared food. So dinner was going to be Foodland again--we chose a couple of tubs of poke and one little package of sushi, and I treated myself to one of their rather peculiar salads again. It consisted of stems, mostly--maybe bean sprouts?  I don't remember, but it was pretty good.  And the poke was excellent!



No comments: