Monday, July 3, 2023

Great great great!

 Lessons In Chemistry

I remember my brother once describing how action movies had to show the bad guys doing their evil in graphic detail in order to make you willing to cheer on the good guy no matter how bad he did. I think it was my brother, anyway.

And that was sort of this. A whole lot of awful had to go down in the beginning. Put up with it--it's worth it. Or should I even say that?

I don't know. I thought it was simply some sort of romance for a long time, but it wasn't that at all. It was a story of a woman who was a chemist...or as she'd probably put it, a chemist who happened to be a woman. And trust me, a chemist is a chemist to the end. But it had a whole lot of other great (and awful) people in it, some who started out okay and ended up awful and others who started out sort-of awful and ended up okay.

And one very noble, very smart dog!


No comments: