Wednesday, July 5, 2023

Not all that spooky, though

 An Uninvited Ghost (A Haunted Guesthouse Mystery)
by E.J. Copperman

I found this surprisingly entertaining despite the surplus of characters that kept my head spinning. I didn't count, but there had to be twenty or more characters that we had to keep straight in our Reader's heads, but at least some of them had names like "T-Bone" or "Ham Hock" or something. Those people were reality TV performers who lodged at the guesthouse.

The plot was great, and the major characters all very good and likeable. Except the Mother, who seems to play a very background role and could have been omitted without a problem. I'm not sure why she even belongs in there except as an emergency babysitter.

And you have to love the ghosts! The guy who used to be a detective and wants the guesthouse owner lady (main character but I've forgotten her name) to do his legwork. And Maisie (I think), a temperamental young woman. And the others, two, although we really didn't get to know them well.

If the author continues with this series and does more character development on the ghosts, I'll be a lifelong fan.


No comments: