Friday, December 27, 2013

Stupid vegetarian diet

Little good it does to read about how people are suffering needlessly due to poor food choices--when the pinto beans I ate last night are still roiling in my stomach.




Book #99 is On the Jellicoe Road by Melina Marchetta


Warning: heavy duty stuff, not for the faint of heart.

I had to stop halfway through this and read some reviews, because I was about to give up on it.   It's challenging--to say the least.  So challenging that I stopped listening to the audiobook production because I couldn't tell if I'd somehow downloaded the chapters out of order.  The paper version used italics to denote the dream sequences and flashbacks.

Now that I've struggled through to the end, I kind of understand the beginning.  Some of it.  Maybe I should save the audiobook and listen to it someday--I think I'd "get it" the second time around. 


No comments: