Tuesday, December 18, 2018

Recipe Reduction 13-12

Paula Deen's Sweet Potato Fries
 
Okay, so I cheated by swapping this to replace a recipe I really didn't feel like doing. Didn't I mention losing enthusiasm for this project many months ago?

But still, it was worth the experiment. I'd done a baked sweeet potato fries experiment before which involved soaking them in an entire can of beer, and at the time it seemed like a waste of good beer. (Or in that case, cheap beer) Did the beer make a difference?

I don't think so. Her recipe just had me sprinkle them with olive oil, salt, garlic powder and paprika, and they came out just fine. Not as good as deep-frying them, but perfectly edible.

Honey Sriracha Glazed Meatballs
by Eat yourself skinny

This was stupid.  First of all, why would you grease (cooking spray) a baking
sheet that you're going to cook meatballs on? I don't care how lean a meat
is, it's going to make its own grease.  Second, when they were done
baking--after 40 minutes--they were still awfully greasy. I blotted them with
towels.

Third, the amount of sauce was pitiably small for the amount of meatballs. I
could write a better recipe--
Double the sauce.
Cook the meatballs for 20 minutes.
Drain and dry the grease off them, then toss with the uncooked sauce. Cook for another 20 minutes, crowding them on the sheet so as not to lose all the yummy sauce on the bottom of the pan.

Fourth, they were pretty good.

No comments: