Friday, October 2, 2020

Sunday at Yegua Creek

 (August 16)

Weird morning indeed. I snoozed at least four times, so by the time I got up and wandered the dogs over to Bob's camp, Theresa had already gone on her morning walk. So we just hung out and talked. And she returned and we talked. Eventually I needed to take my own dogs for their walk, and after that I left Zack in the RV (Edward was still snoozing) and went with Theresa, Rojo and Molly for another walk around the little trail. That time, we saw a herd of wild pigs on the other side.

After that I was starving, so I rousted out Edward and made sausage and egg burritos for my guys, egg and salsa for myself. It was nearing eleven o'clock by then, so we were "doing brunch."

And by then Bob and Theresa were starting their own lunch and packing up their little Casita to travel. We all sat around and talked and piddled with food and talked some more. And then it was time for them to leave for home.


It was only 90 degrees by then and about 1:40, so I took Molly for a "jog" along the little nature trail. When we got down to the water, we scared up more vultures than I've ever seen in one place at a time, ever. Here are just a few. [pic tree vultures] But we saw nothing else interesting except some little birds in the grass, and I was too hot and bothered to waste time on trying to see them.

Then Zack got a short walk in and around.  If we ever wanted to camp here again, sites 22, 20 and 21, in that order, might be acceptable. But I don't think we will.

I decided to walk the nature trail one last time in the early evening, so I sat around and played with my photos for the rest of the afternoon. When I finally went out, taking Mollydog of course, it was nearing sundown but there was nothing to see on the trail, not even the little birds in the grasses. No matter. Back to shower, supper, and early bed (for me).



No comments: