Saturday, March 4, 2023

Lovely book beyond my ability to describe

 The Seasons on Henry's Farm

by Terra Brockman 

Not enough superlatives in my vocabulary to describe this book!  Essays, all so short and often so heartbreaking--and beautiful--and majestic--and down to the earth just plain good!  She describes all the stuff that goes into managing a sustainable, old-fashioned farm that supplies both a CSA and the local farmer's market.  And it's a whole lot of hard work!

And rewarding work. And fun, back-breaking work that clogs your fingernails with soil and makes you really appreciate where that cellophane-wrapped produce ought to come from.

I recommend this to anyone, anywhere--and if you're a gardener, you just might learn something.  The people are well-drawn and you just want to hug them all. And the author--I wish she could be my best friend.

With recipes, if you care about that sort of thing.



No comments: