Sunday, December 9, 2012

Another day of cooking

I need to take some new pictures, but what?  Turkey and dumplings doesn't photograph well.  It looks like brains.  I could tidy up the front porch and take a picture of that...start on my house work again....

Maybe my cookies will turn out well and I'll take a picture of them.  I just made out a schedule that had me cooking from 4:20 to 7:30.  Don't freak out--there's a generous half-hour of dog walking in there and plenty of dead time, too.

Later.  Wow--wasn't I being optimistic?  I started before 3:00, took a short detour to let Callie drive me to Blockbuster and try parallel parking, and only just finished now--at 7:44.  What happened?


Nothing, as far as I can tell.  I just cooked.  Turkey and dumplings, cauliflower bacon gratin, frozen corn, fresh pineapple, toasted coconut cookies (still in oven) and canned biscuits.  It was well after seven when I noticed it was well after seven, so I met my "no snacking before seven goal."

I'm just a hopelessly slow cook.

Later.  Burned again!   The recipe called for salt and pepper to taste in a baked dish with raw eggs.  Even if you're such a blankety-blank expert!!!! that you know everyone has their own instinctual knowledge of how much salt and pepper to use, what would it hurt you to measure it just once and give us amateurs a freaking guideline????!!!!#@$#%

No comments: