Saturday, December 15, 2012

Been reading under the desk again

I've an accidental book review to post today.  I wasn't supposed to read it--but it just happened.

Shelf Discovery: The Teen Classics We Never Stopped Reading by Lizzie Skurnick

It's full of books and with very few exceptions, I want to read them all.  Since most of them are short, or at least shorter than the average book on my 50-book challenge, I conceived the brilliant idea of adding them in to my existing list...alternating short with long...and making it a 100-book challenge.

Oops.  There are 73 book reviews.

Some may be out of print or unavailable; some I've already read.  Paring out the ones I've read leaves 68.  Removing the ones that aren't available in the library (and I probably don't want to buy) leaves 54.  It just might work.

But I forgot to review Lizzie Skurnick's book.  And the review is--

I don't know yet.  Of the few of the books I've read, I totally agree with her opinion.  But then, since when did agreeing with a reviewer's opinion become a necessity in trying her advice?  Her writing is pithy, funny, a little too revealing of the plot sometimes but that was on purpose.  She's writing about books for people who've shared them with her--spoilers are right okay.

And that's why I want to read them--I want the sharing.  I want to be the teenagers she never was, and I never was, either.

No comments: