Monday, February 25, 2013

Now for the weekly adventure in gracious living/wholesome cooking/fooding/lunacy










Broiled Swai Parmesan



and Buttermilk Chive Biscuits.



Heavenly and good.  Gently broiled fillets of white fish, spread with a mixture of butter, mayonaisse, Parmesan cheese and lemon juice, then broiled two minutes until the cheese browns. 

Healthy, low-fat fish + fat, fat, and fat = what's not to like?

Next time,  if I can stand to do such a crime to fish, I'll melt the Parmesan cheese in the microwave first.  It had texture.

The biscuits had a good flavor but they didn't rise.  When I tried the test of mixing a spoonful of my baking powder with hot water, it turned the water white but didn't fizzle.  I think I'm going to chuck the rest of the container even though the expiration date was January, 2013. 

And add some cheese next time.  Fat is good.  Need.  More.  Fat.

No comments: