Friday, February 8, 2013

Shopping I love not

Drat Whole Foods Market.  Yeah, Local Yokel.  All I wanted was a couple of pounds of free range chicken breast, but all I could find at WFM was "barn."  I assume that's the kind where they cram chickens into a shed so tightly they can only move in unison.  Maybe the chickens don't care, but I care.  I want a chicken who's been out in the air, scratching.  Eating grass.  And bugs.

Luckily Local Yokel had said chicken and I am now in possession of a couple of bags of it, plus a jar of Tikka Marsala curry sauce.  I was going to make it from scratch but I couldn't find all of the ingredients (another mark against WFM.)  It turned out that the "green cardomon pods" on my list were for the rice, not the curry, but I didn't know that.  I'm still planning to marinade the chicken before I grill it, but I'll cheat on the sauce.


Tune in Sunday for the results.

No comments: