Thursday, January 26, 2017

Food experiments, the good and the bad

Rice, spinach and eggs are heavenly. But...while rice and spinach topped with a poached egg and soy sauce is about as good a breakfast as you'll ever hope to eat, the same cannot be said for buckwheat and collards. Buckwheat has a rotten nut whang and collards need to be tamed with a little acid, like cider vinegar.  One more day to go on this week of nasty breakfasts.

On a lighter note, I ate my home-made polenta today!  It's not as hard to make as people say and I found it tasty, even without any fat and just a sprinkle of salt.  I wonder what it would taste like with a trickle of pure maple syrup?

Smoke & Pickles by Edward Lee

Very enjoyable reading and a lot of good recipes.  There weren't many that I wanted to save but that was just the mood I was in.  I suspect they're all pretty tasty.





No comments: