Thursday, February 3, 2022

Cooking Adventures (and not so much)

This is a Thai Red Curry with Vegetables I got from the Cookie and Kate recipe site. It was pretty good, especially after dashed with a bit of soy sauce.  But the vegetable combo, bell pepper, carrots, and kale, was a little blah.  I definitely wouldn't call it--as she did--"the best curry I ever had".

Next time I make it, I'll sub cauliflower or garbanzos for the bell pepper and use collards or spinach instead of kale. My kale was the grocery store kind, which is tough and tasteless and has lots of big stems in it. Some fresh dinosaur kale from the CSA would be much better.




And I finally tried out my new InstaPot by making Rajma Masala.  Not bad at all except that I really hate the variety of Garam Masala spice I have. It's exceedingly cinnamony, which I hate.


But the InstaPot worked fine...or would have. I overrode its programmed time for "bean/rice"--it said 20 minutes but the recipe said 30. I changed it to 25 and it was too long. Mushy beans!  I'll leave it alone in future.

No comments: