Monday, February 28, 2022

Hoot of a series start

 Crime and Punctuation
by Kaitlynn Dunnett

How is it that I have to read four or five boring mysteries before I find one I really like?  Like this one, which was very amusing.  But how to find another? I already screen by ratings in the 4-star range, certainly no lower than 3.9.  Then I do a quick scan of other people's reviews. So why do so many people rave about mystery series that I find meh?

Sadly, the author doesn't have any more in the series. She has some other series, but none seem to appeal to me. They don't seem as highly rated, for one thing, and they don't seem to have a heroine I can identify with.

Like "recently widowed Mikki Lincoln." She's rather elderly (60-something) but extremely sprightly. And she's a hoot!


No comments: