Tuesday, February 15, 2022

Not so much worth a third try?

 Circle of Influence
by Annette Dashofy

A mystery with a main character (Zoe) who is a paramedic and long-time resident in a small township in a mostly rural area. The mystery was all caught up in township politics and seem to involve an endless stream of Zoe's former husbands, friends, enemies and lovers.

I got kind of bored with that, sorry. In my mind if an author's first book has to kill off, or have arrested, close associates of the detective, then where does she have to go from there?  I don't want to keep reading about <ital> new former love partners in new crimes forever.

The paramedic part of of the story was very interesting. I might read a second one--but wait!  I just looked, and I'd already read the second book in the series. This is the first. And in reading the second book, I had the exact same complaint I did about this one.



No comments: