Thursday, February 17, 2022

Gardening in my Roots, invisible


Yesterday I planted two rows of carrots with radishes for a nurse crop, two rows of beets and collards, plus one row each of spinach, lettuce and mesclun. And thereby committed myself to an every day sentence--dragging a hose out to the garden to sprinkle the seedlings.

Today it's windy and cloudy and there's a hint of spit in the air. Just possibly it will rain and I'll get a reprieve.

Since there's nothing growing in the garden, there's nothing for a picture except this--


my darling little broccoli and bok choy seedlings. I need to get them inside and under lights, but the grow light bulb I bought doesn't work in the fixture I have.

I saw five huge deer moseying along the edge of the fence across the field yesterday. They better stay away from my garden!

Mammoth has a new, enlarged gravel parking pad.



No comments: