Saturday, February 12, 2022

Time travel is tops

 A Symphony of Echoes
by Jodi Taylor

The second in the time-traveling St. Mary's series, and wow--it was as roller-coaster exciting as the first one was. The author really goes overboard with the wish-fulfilling, "badass female takes on the world" theme, for sure. I loved it!

Not to imply a guy wouldn't love it too. She's not a misogynist--quite the opposite--but let me only say that when Max gets rejected by a lover, she doesn't hold it all inside. She, shall we say, lets her feelings show.

As before I got confused in the time-travel plot. But time travel is complicated and I'll forgive myself that. I do understand the most important rule--don't accidentally prevent yourself from being born. Or in the case of St. Mary's, from being established.  


No comments: