Monday, October 23, 2023

Couple of short mysteries

 Dark Side of the Moo
by Ellen Riggs

The next in the series of the "Bought the Farm" cozy mysteries.  I found it very enjoyable, but I can't say why exactly. The mystery was pretty good, although now a couple of weeks after reading it, I don't remember who dunnit and what they done. The people were amusing but I can't say I ever laughed out loud or re-read a passage that was exceptionally clever.

It's just sweet and homey and exceptionally....well...cozy.

Will read more.


 

Blanche Among the Talented Tenth

by Barbara Neely


I love Blanche--she's a hoot. I'm not sure how well we'd fare as best friends, though. She does so many things that make me cringe and others that make me feel sorry for her. Get a life, please!  (But then, maybe she does!)

But I don't feel like reading another one in the series for a while. The mystery was pretty much nonexistent and tangential to the story. Which is okay, provided I really, really liked the story. And in this one, I found myself not caring. At all.

Sorry to be negative. On second thought, I probably will read at least one more in the series. I like her so much.


No comments: