Wednesday, October 11, 2023

Mammoth in the Land of Ups and Downs, Day 3

Fri 8/25

I didn't take any notes (or memories) of Lake Pueblo State Park. I was still too stressed out by the brake situation and the heat. But from the pictures I took, I can remember a couple of things--

It could have been a nice place to camp, but it was too big and too crowded. The sites were well separated and had cut little shelters with walls facing west. And there were tons and tons of "social trails" around the lake. Molly and I went for a long walk alongside the lake and had a pretty good bit of exercise.

 


Walking in the campground was out of the question. There were too many people. Our neighbor across the drive had music playing, audible in our campsite. Blah. But there were storms coming up with rain and lightning, which drove everyone inside before dark. (Me too)  We had a lovely little rain before supper; after supper I took Molly for a quick walk and encountered a handful of women and girls, walking their rescue puppy. Luckily the pup stayed on its leash and so did Molly, so no close encounters ensured. The lady I spoke to was really nice, too.

So, for a Friday, it wasn't such a bad place. It was very close to a big city, so crowds were to be expected. Our site was pull-thru, with electricity but no water hookup. I knew that in advance, so Ed had put a few gallons of water in the tank for the toilet and showers, etc.

Only a few birds. I think that was where I heard the Western Meadowlark. There were a few gulls on the water. That's it.

Storms


No comments: