Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Watering the garden, nutso?

Came home early to water the spinach and lettuce seeds.  It's supposed to get down to23 tonight--are you even supposed to water seeds when there's a heavy frost coming?  The cold water didn't do my hands any good, that's for sure.

Recipe #7 from The China Study Cookbook was



Breakfast Home-Fry Hash.



Minus the garnishes.  I don't top ordinary hash with cherry tomatoes and green onions and I'm not doing it with this one, either.

And the verdict?



It wasn't half bad.  Which is another way of saying that it wasn't all good.  It was just cubed fried potatoes with bell pepper and onion--same as what my mom made sometimes except she fried everything in oil.  This was "fried" in vegetable broth and it didn't develop the right flavor or color.  I'd make it again, especially for a group breakfast at work, but I'd turn up the heat and brown everything nice and dark.  .

No comments: