Tuesday, March 18, 2014

An actual paper book

  
   45 pounds (more or less)
            by K.A. Barson

Started off as the usual teenage angst plus fat.  But this book matured into something a lot more...girls and friends and enemies and parents and little siblings....and growing up and taking responsibility for how you live your life and what you do to others.  When we're teenagers, we tend to blame Mom and Dad for how we are--I did, that's for sure.  My narrow-set eyes; abysmal shyness; pimply complexion and greasy, thin hair...what could I do about it?  It was all their fault!

Eventually, I hope, everyone grows up to discover that they are at last responsible for who they become.  And your parents become people.  And then you lose them...but that's a different story.

Good book, especially for teens with body image issues.  Oh, stop me--that's an oxymoron.
Good book, especially for teens.

No comments: