Saturday, March 15, 2014

The China Study Cookbook #14

Asparagus Crepes
I tried cooking yesterday but started way too late in the evening and sporting a bad attitude.  I got one crepe and a bunch of bitter-tasting asparagus.  Either tarragon and lemon are a bad combination, or else the problem was that my tarragon was old and I used lemon juice concentrate?

I guess I can mark that I made the recipe--one serving, anyway--but I don't have a photo to prove it.  I just threw the crepe, asparagus and sauce in a bowl and sucked it down.  Wearily, at nine in the evening.


I will make this one note:  asparagus is too good on its own, simply steamed with the tiniest sprinkling of salt.  It doesn't deserve to be smothered with vegetable broth, onion, garlic, tarragon and lemon.  We ate it but we didn't savor it.

No comments: