Tuesday, March 4, 2014

The China Study Cookbook recipe #11


Banana Crumb Muffins

Six tablespoons of sugar on top of fourteen muffins!  That's a lot of sugar, I'm sorry.  The muffins were neither good nor evil, but certainly not good enough to try again.  And all that sugar!

So there's my breakfast for the next two weeks.

I also knocked off Recipe #12 -- Tomatillo Tortilla Bake.  It was truly horrid.  I'm not posting a picture.  I used Picante sauce instead of salsa, which accounted for part of the problem.  And I had to sub a little red pepper flakes for the jalapeno.  But even if I'd not made those those changes, it would still be horrid.  It wants cheese!  Fake cheese, of course, but something neutral and binding.  Without cheese, this dish is pointless.  Maybe something could have been done with rice and soy milk.

I'll try the leftovers with a little Daiwa.


No comments: