Thursday, November 23, 2023

Mammoth Goes to The Falls. The Big Ones. Day 15

Tue 3 Oct

Traveling across Pennsylvania and down into Ohio. I took many lovely pictures but couldn't figure out where they were.

Such as...


 

 

 

 




 

Deer Creek State Park in Ohio gets raves!  There was a large, double dog park; 18 hole disc golf, a nice big lake, putt-putt golf course. We had a full hookup site.  It was close to the entrance and therefore the dog park--I chose it on purpose so that I could walk Molly down the park road instead of having to walk her past a lot of campsites.  Our last walk of the evening is frequently in twilight and I prefer an open road to walk on. Less need to use a flashlight and less chance of tripping over tree limbs.

 

Water tower in the park over the nature center. Weird.
 

Great double dog park.


Molly and took a long walk around the campground trying to find the trails, and when we finally did, it was time to go back.  There was supposed to be a trail around the lake, several miles long, but I never found it.  I suspect it was that overgrown footpath I saw but didn't have time to check out.  I was too busy looking at the cormorants and gulls on the tree stickups out in the lake. Just as I was getting ready to leave, an Osprey started mewing and exited the tree stickups--I didn't notice him amongst the cormorants.

Molly really enjoyed the dog park, but she lost her tennis ball in the falling dusk.  We went back next morning and found it easily--after we'd dispatched those pesky deer that were grazing just outside the fence.

All the people we saw waved at us politely. Lovely place.


No comments: