Saturday, November 4, 2023

Mammoth Goes to The Falls. The Big Ones. Day 6

Sunday, 24 Sep 2023


Today I took the boys to the playground while we were waiting on breakfast.  Ed and Edward picked up the Canadian version of McDonald's that I cannot remember the name of. They're all over, and about the same as any fast food place.

Then we went on our pre-reserved boat ride, the "Voyage to the Falls." We got a little wet but enjoyed it very, very much.  I saved my pink poncho plus a couple of the kids', thinking we might need them for the afternoon amusements.


Going back to the parking lot, we went back through the Midway area, where there were all kinds of tourist attractions and other things to waste money on. Passing a wax museum, I insisted the kids needed to go in a see it. So off they went.  Ed and I waited in Wendy's for a while, then went out to the car and waited.

Did we have lunch?  I don't remember. We came back to the camp and walked dogs, though.  Then we went over to the American side and did the Horseshoe Deck "ride", which is where you put on ponchos and go down and elevator and climb around on various stairs and platforms while the falls spray you in the face so you can't see a living thing. Fun, though.   

 




I got soaked--I hadn't realized that the ponchos came in two sizes, kid and adult. So I put on a kids poncho and Ethan got an adult one.  His draped down to the ground which mind failed to cover my backpack. But it wasn't all that cold, so no matter.

 



 



Ate a very expensive sushi dinner at Itzigawa (or some such). They gave you a tablet with about a million selection items on it. You made your selections and they brought out the food, often on a robotic server; then made your next selections, etc.  Sadly we all got hopelessly confused on what we'd ordered, and ended up eating each other's food. Plus, for no reason that I could understand, the ramen noodle and fried rice dishes that the kids wanted took forever to come out.  They were patient about it, but hungry.  They ended up snacking on fruit (which was fast) before they ate their meals.

We finally got the hang of how much to order, but by then we were filling up. At the end we had way too much food on the table and had to force it down so as not to leave too much and look like jerks.

We slept.



No comments: