Tuesday, November 7, 2023

Mammoth Goes to The Falls. The Big Ones. Day 9

Wed 27 Sep

Our Tuesday night stopover at Adirondack Gateway campground and lodge ended up being a pleasant interlude after the suffering of the day. It was a lovely, lovely campground. Trails, driving range, horseshoes, play areas with sandboxes. Rec room--didn't go inside. Nice tent area with a sink. Very good internet.

Geese periodically squawking to the southwest. Wonder where?  No migrating Vees yet. 

 

The owner was especially nice. When I told her I wanted to take a trail for the dogs, she gave me a hand-drawn trail map (very confusing) but then told me that if I wanted to take a one-mile loop, just go out past the tent camping area, get on the trail and keep turning left.  So that's that I did.  It was lovely and I wanted to do it a second time, or go farther and take one of the right turns, but Ed had the grilled fish ready.  It also was lovely.  Camping was wonderful and I refused to let the day's bad experiences cast a pall on the whole trip.

 

 

 

 But on Wednesday it was time to head on, so we left fairly early and had an easy drive in to Pine Acres RV Resort.  Which I'll write about tomorrow.

 The dog park

We ate dinner at the Mexican place we'd gone to previously. They were supposed to be having "kids eat free" that night. It was okay--not great, but convenient.

 



No comments: