Saturday, January 27, 2024

Book review: The Wedding Plot

 
by Paula Munier

I love her characters; I like her plots; and the dogs Elvis and Suzie Bear make these stories complete.  They're not at all 'cozies'--the violence, bloody gore and body count alone puts them into the standard mystery genre.

So with all there is to like, I have to admit that while I was reading this one I had a bit of a deja-vu moment: an oh, no, not again groan. She always seems to be getting her heroine shot. Or beaten, or knocked down, or wrecked in a car. Mercy ends up in the hospital in every single book. Or so it seems. And her dog Elvis is responsible for at least one extremely violent "take down" that ends up with a perp in the hospital. How come she never gets sued for her dog's actions?

Aside from that, it's good. Very.


No comments: