Wednesday, January 10, 2024

Magnus the Mighty Motorhome takes us to Seminole Canyon, Day 7

Mon 20 Nov

I'd made reservations at South Llano River State Park, the place with the turkeys, but the TPWD had canceled them due to a change in the hunting season dates. Which sucked royally, because I'd also made reservations to tour the Caverns of Sonora nearby. When TPWD canceled me and I rescheduled, I chose San Angelo State Park. We'd been there twice before and I liked the place a lot, but didn't really want to go back so soon.



But there we were. The drive was horrid--I let google plan a route and it took us about 30 miles on a RM road -- ranch to market. This particular RM road had no fewer than six cattle guards.  I'd planned this trip for Mammoth, but now we were in the new behemoth, trying to keep it in as good condition as possible for as long as possible. Cattle guards and ranch-to-market roads were not a good choice.


Maybe a good name for the new motorhome would be Magnus P, or just Pal short for Pallazzo? Or Magnus the MIghty Pal Motorhome?

A plover that wasn't a killdeer, I don't think.

Pretty Texas Sage


No comments: