Tuesday, January 9, 2024

Magnus the Mighty Motorhome takes us to Seminole Canyon, Day 6

Sun 19 Nov

This day we had reservations to take the guided Seminole Canyon pictograph tour. The ranger was very low-key and matter of fact; she didn't have much to say other than to answer questions and our group didn't have a lot of questions. There were about 18 people.

View from the cave:

The pictographs were faded and worn, but still interesting. More interesting to me was that the floor of the canyon had dropped at least three or four feet since the white settlers first discovered it--their date marks were way out of reach. 



After that Molly and I took a walk over back to the visitor center, hoping to see some jackrabbits or other wildlife. I think we saw a cottontail and that's about it. But it was a nice long walk.  Very lovely. Have I mentioned that I love this place?




Black-throated sparrow
Curve-billed thrasher (probably)
Pyrrhuloxia
Cactus wren

No comments: