Wednesday, January 17, 2024

Magnus to the Coast, Day 6

Sat Dec 9

I have no notes of the day, sorry.  I think we went for a birding drive and had little success. One thing I need to remember is that birding--especially of stupid little seaside sparrows that refuse to stay out in the open--takes a long time. And when I have a person idling the jeep and waiting while I watch birds...I don't. And it's not that he gets impatient or anything--not at all. It's me. When I feel that someone is waiting on me, however patiently, I cannot persist. I have the same issue with clothes shopping--if I tried to go clothes shopping with company, I'll end up grabbing the first item that fills the need and getting on with the rest of the trip. Whereas if I were by myself, I'd peruse.

Sometimes. And bird


watching is just the same unless I happen to be "in to" a string of pretty spectacular sightings.

However, stupid shy sparrows aren't it. So we didn't see anything.

A long while back I'd researched placed to eat in the area, and came up with Schooner's in Nederland. So that's where we went.  I tried to come up with an explanation for it, but Ed summed it up for me--
Mediocre.

Blah.


No comments: