Thursday, January 11, 2024

Magnus the MIghty Motorhome takes us to Seminole Canyon, Day 8 and 9

Tue 21 November 2023

Bison at San Angelo State Park

When I complained earlier about the reservation change, what I hadn't mentioned was that the orignal park was only about 30 minutes from the Caverns of Sonora but the new one was over an hour. At the time I made the reservations, that didn't seem like a big deal. But it was.

Because we were tireder than usual, dealing with all the inefficiencies and newness of our Mighty Magnus. The drive times were taking a whole lot longer--Ed was being excessively cautious and all the roads were sh*tty--and we'd somehow lost our will to explore. Zack the dog was in bad condition and I was having to take him for extra walks that seemed to take forever. So all in all, I'd lost any interest in taking an additional two hour drive to tour a cave.

So Caverns of Sonora got canceled. If I'd realized all of this back when I booked it, I could have reserved a camping location right there at the cave. Which would have made next day's drive even longer, but at least we'd have gotten to see it and not lost money on the cancellation. A heavy sigh is in order.

 Ate at this place. Good, but not worth a second trip.







Wed 22 November 2023

And home.


No comments: