Friday, August 16, 2024

Magnus Moves! Massachusetts and back, Day 11

Friday, July 19

On Friday we did a bunch of cleanup/maintenance activities and then we went to to the office to arrange a campsite for Edward. And we went somewhere else, too, but I have no memory of where...


(Jogged my memory by looking at photos.)  This was the day we went to Chatham Pier and Fish Market (I think). The overlook there showed piled of seals just across the way, lounging around in the sun. One fishing boat had finished his cleaning out and appeared to be filling up with something, nothing spectacular to see. One seal kept looking up out of the water at the people overlooking on the pier, I guess hoping for a handout. So nice.

 




Herring Gull - not something I get to see down south

I didn't buy anything, which turned out to be a mistake because we never came back. I'd thought it was a fish market, where they sold fish, but if so we never found the entrance to go in and buy any. All we found was a restaurant order/pickup window on a building.  All of their listings were for prepared dishes.

We went back to camp and the kids arrived at about 5 while I was walking Molly, We helped them set up and time evaporated. As time will do.

When we finally went out to eat, we learned that a 9pm closing time wasn't to be taken lightly, especially if the restaurant was way up the peninsula. We arrived just in time placed our orders in line, were rushed upstairs to our table.  It was called Moby Dick's; horrendously expensive and not very good for what I got, Fish 'n Chips.  The fish was okay but the fries were awful.

Oh well, we all got fed. And Ed and I got the sneaky delight of tucking into our air conditioned RV with the cushy bed while they had to sleep on the ground on our old camping pads. Tee-hee.

No comments: