Tuesday, August 27, 2024

Magnus Moves! Massachusetts and back, Day 19

 Saturday, July 27

Uneventful trip to the Hagerstown KOA. Even at a place as nice as this--right on a river, with a pool, diner, great warm showers, and a country road that Molly and I can jog on--Saturday night at a campground in July sucks. It's so very, very crowded. Pretty much all the RV sites are occupied and I only see a few cabins and tent sites that don't have any cars...yet. More people will continue coming in until all hours.

The nice lady at the desk didn't have any memory of my necklace being turned in, and the lost-and-found bucket on the porch didn't contain it. I might look again tomorrow morning just to be sure.

The people are mostly all very nice, but I just don't care for the crowds. And the dogs. But Molly and I got a decent (hot and slow) jog down the road and back. I saw a Green Heron in the river, plus tons of swallows that I really needed to have gotten a good picture of--they may be that blue-green version of swallows we don't have down in Texas. Shoot--wish I'd thought of that sooner.

If all of the people would leave, it would be a place I wouldn't mind spending a couple of days at.  There are canoes you can borrow. There's plenty of shopping centers just over the highways (we're at the intersection of I-81 and I-76).  We picked up dinner at a brand new Jimmy Johns; I got a Mediterranean veggie wrap that was excellent.  There's Taco Bell, too.  And there are civil war battlefields in the area, which would be interesting. We have great Starlink reception (on the ground behind the RV and beside the Jeep). And some of the sites are very, very nice. Not ours this time--we're in a row of pull-thru RV sites with neighbors front, back and either side. But last time we had the premium site with a little private deck. Worth the extra $25 or so per night, but not available this time.

So maybe we'll be back. But for now, it sucks and I'll be more than happy to leave in the morning.

No comments: