Tuesday, March 13, 2018

Garden in my Roots, March and Mad!

Lowes got another shipment of peppers!  I'm now at my full complement of pepper plants and one over on the tomatoes.  None of them are going into the garden yet--there's a good change of frost this week. Or should I say "bad chance"?

Looking in the garden book, I see that kale needs a steady supply of water during the growing season. Since Mother Nature isn't supplying it any, my garden hose is. Every single day. The kale also appreciated me getting out there with a hand-cultivator and scratching up all the hard crusted clay around it.





The surviving spinach is looking much better. I wonder if it knows it's in a race against the Texas heat?









But the real news of the garden this week isn't in the garden. It's Spring!






No comments: