Friday, March 23, 2018

Recipe Reduction 155..154

Flank Steak Kebabs
 
Excellent, if I say so myself. Asian-style marinade. I didn't hear any applause but no complaints, either, and I wasn't in the mood to solicit comment. Other than the two chunks I tasted for doneness, I didn't eat any. Sometimes cooking has the effect on me of making me not want to eat--I just want to get away from it all and relax with a book.  But I'll have no such issues tomorrow.

(Tomorrow) Absolutely marvelous. But what else could you expect when you marinade good, grass-fed beef in honey, sesame oil, garlic and rice vinegar, sprinkle it with sesame seeds, and char it on a grill?




Grandma Louise's Peach Pie Supreme

Looks pretty. Waste of good peaches. Even some cinnamon wouldn't have rescued it from a bland oblivion.

No comments: