Wednesday, March 28, 2018

Romp with an unruly princess

A Royal Pain
Her Royal Spyness Mysteries #2
by Rhys Bowen

Once again I thought I was checking out the first in the series only to be wrong--this was the second.  That's better than the eleventh, don't you think?  I'll have to read the first one on paper because I canceled my Audible membership. For a while.  I have at least three months worth of books on CD at the library I want to hear, first.

Solidly good but repeated scenes from the other book. Not word-for-work, just in character and 'feel'. (Technically, the other book repeated this one because I read them out of order.) But I didn't mind--it was cozy and familiar. And there is one line that I hope will be repeated in every book, because it's the sort of line which will get a bigger laugh every time it's said. (I'm not saying--find out for yourself.)

I have to admit it's a little weird to watch character development in the reverse. But that's my own fault.  If you're looking for a quick, charming and very funny mystery about the Brits in pre-World War II England, this is the ticket!


No comments: