Wednesday, September 12, 2018

Recipe Reduction 44-43

Crispy Roasted Chickpeas
By kechin on Food52

Yummy!  is there anything I won't eat with enough cumin and cayenne on it?

I won't share the recipe--if you're interested there are plenty of similar ones on the web. But I'll say that for a can of chickpeas, next time I'll use one teaspoon olive oil, 1/2 teaspoon each salt, cumin, cayenne, and paprika, probably skip the coriander because the other spices overwhelmed it, and shorten the roasting time to 30 minutes. I had a feeling that 45 minutes at 400 degrees was too long, and it was. They're slightly on the burnt side of crispy.


Ina Garten’s Barbecue Sauce
Adapted from her Food Network show

Not bad but what's with the oil?  I never heard of putting oil in barbeque sauce before, and I'll never do it again. It added nothing except calories.

Other than that, it was very tangy and very sweet. Perfect for chicken or pork.   But I can't help thinking she just three together everything in her kitchen without much thought or real design...which is more-or-less what she said in the notes.

No comments: