Saturday, November 10, 2012

Saturday and the usual: movies and carry-out

Good chance of rain tomorrow, so I'm definitely working outside today.  Home come I didn't finish the garden last weekend?

Oh, yeah.  Too hot and the freezer had priority.  Mind you, when I say finish the garden I don't mean finish the garden.  I just mean get it into a state where it's not actively degrading and put the lawnmower back in the barn.  If I get excessively energetic, I'll mow the front yard, too.  And take pictures.

Later.  I'll exult over the amount of work I got done and post progress tomorrow.  Right now--
I'm.  Too.  Tired.

[jogging: turn + 7 poles which means my count is off this time or last time because I know I went farther this time]

Movie review: The Perks of Being a Wallflower

Parents, beware!  Kids: go see this movie.  It's got dysfunctional teens--dysfunctional in so many  messed up ways--and still hope for a life after high school.  And maybe next time you see a kid who's not fitting in...who's a little too quiet or a little too weird...maybe you'll reach out to him.  He might just turn out to be the only friend you can dump your soul on.

And one more thing--don't despair if the only friend you make on your first day of high school is your English teacher.  It can get better.

No comments: