Saturday, November 24, 2012

Saturday is movie day

Big day planned.  Clean the bathroom.  Make a major dent in the laundry.  Vacuum the living room.  Mow around the bird feeder and try pounding it in deeper.  And, most importantly--read.

That's if Callie doesn't interrupt with some nonsense like a movie....

She did.  And we did.  And furthermore--major milestone--she drove.  I won't get any medals or applause or even geniune praise for it, but I finally let go and let my daughter-with-a-learner's-permit drive me to the movie theater.  Yesterday was when it started.  I was driving along the highway to N's and it was big and broad, nearly deserted, and had shoulders as wide as tractor-trailers are long.  So I pulled off at the next exit and let her take the wheel.

(She's been driving with her Dad since August)

Anyway, here's the movie review of the week:

Rise of the Guardians

Just about the only animated 3D move that isworth the 3D premium.  There's something magical about having snowflakes fall on your cheeks, especially when they're in your imagination.

We laughed out loud a good number of times--at least four or five and then I lost count.  How's that for a recommendation?

Of the cast of supporting characters--Santa Claus, the Bogey Man, the Easter Bunny, the Tooth Fairy and the Sandman--I'd say the Sandman took the stage, front and center.  But they were all good and the kids that believed in them, not at all bad either.

And, yeah, it was well characterized as a kid's version of The Avengers.  But what's so bad about that?

No comments: