Saturday, November 17, 2012

Starting the Saturday

Book #3 is: Bridget Jones's Diary by Helen Fielding
I am so glad I finally finished reading this,
even if it is about sixteen years after everyone else finished reading it.  I'd stopped about halfway through when she was dating Daniel and things were a little boring, but the minute I picked it up she started obsessing over a mini-break (aren't British people cute?) and things picked up again.

To sum up: quick and fun but definitely not as hilarious as the cover indicated.  Possibly the "quick" did me in--I frequently had to go back and reread a few lines because I didn't get it the first time.  It could be a problem in my reading habits--my brother has long accused me of skimming instead of reading.  I need to slow down.

Recommended if you're looking for something light to take on vacation when you're going to be interrupted a lot, like a plane trip or a week at the in-laws'.  Easy to pick up; easy to put down.  Fun.

No comments: