Monday, May 21, 2018

Gardening in my Roots, end of the pease

It's the end of pea season--I didn't see a single bloom. But I'm satisfied with what I got (and still have in the fridge.)




How did I go from "first precious little bean" (right)

to "need to pick, now!"? 


I think it took about one week. But I don't need to worry about having beans coming out of my ears, because there just aren't that many plants.  Note: Maxibel from Southern Exposure Seed Exchange needs near-perfect conditions for germination. According to my record, I planted the first half on March 17 and the second on April 14, but that seems unlikely since they were up by March 24 and then we had that frost. And I can't remember which side I planted first, so I don't know which one made it and which didn't.  All I know is my bean patch is gorgeous on one side and completely empty on the other.
 






If these taste good, I'll get them again--but I'm going to buy double of what I need and plant them weekly for the whole of the six-week planting period.







Looks like the squash deluge is about to begin. But how sweet they are!


No comments: