Friday, May 4, 2018

Recipe Reduction 133...132


Snap Peas Daikon Egg Soup
from Japanese Women Don't Get Old or Fat
Great soup! Even with all my screwups--radish instead of daikon, invalid dashi, not enough dashi, overcooked eggs--it was great. I'd make only one change, if I could: fewer eggs.  This called for four large eggs to make about four cups of soup.  Overly eggy.

(My dashi was invalid because you have to have nori to make dashi and I haven't found any so I used dulse)

Maybe if I ate a lot of this, I wouldn't get fat either.

Mayan Pumpkin Seed Dip
Recipe adapted from Food and Wine 2013
by the Sprouted Kitchen
Sorry, I don't get the point of this or why it's considered "Mayan".  It's spicy but has no real excitement to it. I recommend it should be served at a party where all the people are on a diet--then, no one will feel the need to have seconds.

No comments: